Ideal for working with close-up subjects, the Canon EF-mount YN 60mm f/2 MF from Yongnuo is a macro prime lens offering a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification. In addition to macro photography, the lens also excels with distant subjects and its manual focus design allows for smooth transitions from the 9.2″ minimum focusing distance to infinity. Individual elements are made from glass and feature a multi-layer coating that helps to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color neutrality, especially in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, this lens is also characterized by its bright f/2 maximum aperture, which suits photographing in difficult lighting conditions and benefits using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Slightly longer-than-normal prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 96mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field for producing selective focus effects.
- Macro design is optimized for working with close-up subjects and offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a 9.2″ minimum focusing distance.
- Individual glass elements feature a multi-layer coating to resist flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by a printed distance scale for accurate pre-focusing.
- Chrome-plated metal lens mount is durable and accurate for a secure fit with the camera body, and gold-plated contacts help to ensure consistent communication between the lens and camera.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
- Lens firmware can be updated through the camera body instead of using a physical USB port on the lens body.